NYFA 2017 Panel Discussion - A CAREER IN THE MEDIA INDUSTRY: Academia or Apprenticeship?
NOTE: Please read the important notes below
What is the best way to break into the film and media industry? Join our esteemed panelists as they share their thoughts.
This session is part of the National Youth Film Awards 2017.
Sebastian sits on the advisory panel of Temasek Polytechnic’s School of Design and the Institute of Technical Education’s Design and Media Academic Advisory Committee. He is a member of the Singapore Workforce Development Agency’s Media & Communications Manpower Skills & Training Council and also an Advisory member of the Singapore Film Commission and Board Member of the Singapore International Film Festival.
He has also served and judged in various Award Shows like, the Creative Circle Awards, The Hall Of Fame Awards, The Crowbars, The Phoenix, The Kodak Gongs, The Asian Television Awards, The Apollo, The Aperture Awards and many more.
At the 2005 Creative Circle Awards, he was one of five individuals honoured with a ‘Champions of the Creative Circle Awards’ for his contributions to the industry. He has also been awarded the Spirit of Enterprise, 2007 and been named in Marketing Magazine’s ‘The Singapore 20’, a select list, identifying experts whose decisions truly impact the Singapore media scene. He was awarded the Most Promising Entrepreneurship at the Asia Pacific Entrepreneurship Awards, 2009 in Singapore while Shooting Gallery Asia has been recognised by Marketing Magazine as the Production Agency of the Year at the Agency of The Year Awards, 2009 and again in the year 2012. He is also a recipient of the Successful Entrepreneur 2010 Award, the SME1 Asia Award, 2011 and the SME Asia Award, 2013/14.
Low Hwee Ling, Former Post-Production Supervisor
Hwee Ling's experience in post-production began as an editor on some of Singapore's most acclaimed films such as Royston Tan's 4:30 (Berlin International Film Festival 2006) and Eric Khoo's Be With Me (Cannes Film Festival 2005).
Alan Yap is a multi-award-winning Director of Photography, with experience across different genres and regions. Such exposure has further honed his craft and each experience further develops a maturity and unique eye.
Demand for Alan’s services has seen him work extensively in China, Taiwan, Hong Kong and Malaysia among other countries.A thirst for learning and always putting his best into each of his works keeps him highly motivated with a strong sense of humility.
NYFA 2017 WEEKEND (30 June and 1 July) seeks to bring outreach and awareness of the film and media industry in Singapore to a new scale with a series of talks, workshops and screenings of previous NYFA-winning films.
As part of SHINE Festival 2017, the event hopes to encourage more youths to engage in various aspects of film-making, as well as to inspire through enriching media touch points by our industry partners. These activities also aim to reverse the common understanding of Singapore’s film and media industry through creative activities that are interactive and niche. For other NYFA talks and workshops, please visit:
IMPORTANT NOTES -- PLEASE READ
1) I consent to the collection, use and retention of my personal data by*SCAPE and the National Youth Council for the purposes of processing, servicing and managing my registration for the event.
2) I will inform *SCAPE and the National Youth Council immediately of any changes to my contact details and/or personal data in order that *SCAPE and the National Youth Council are able to contact me for all matters relating to the event.
3) I consent to the disclosure of my personal data by *SCAPE and the National Youth Council to authorise third parties for the latter to collect, use and retain my personal data for the purposes of processing, servicing and managing my registration and participation for the event.
4) I understand that photography and/or videography will be taken during the event for news and publicity purposes and may be used for print and on online/electronic platforms.
5) I acknowledge that *SCAPE and the National Youth Council own all rights to the photographs and video recordings.
6) If I do not wish to have any photographs or video recordings taken of me, I will inform *SCAPE and the National Youth Council, at the event site.
7) I agree to receive updates on future engagement events and programmes organised by*SCAPE and the National Youth Council, benefits and promotions as well as to be informed about opportunities to contribute, share opinions and/or feedback via email, text messages, electronic mailers and/or post.
- The event description was updated. Diff#255877 2017-06-21 06:31:13
3:00 PM - 4:00 PM SGT
- *SCAPE Gallery
Free Seating (Refundable) SOLD OUT $5.00 Free Seating FULL
- Venue Address
- 2 Orchard Link, Level 5 Singapore
Take Passenger Lift up to Level 5 and turn left.
*SCAPE Co. Ltd3,234 Followers